this year i hosted mother's day brunch. it was nice to have everyone over and enjoy a leisurely sunday meal. we spent the afternoon eating and talking (and even napping--jade and kavin--hehe).
this being my first time making brunch, i tried to keep things varied and balanced but simple. (i got a little frazzled in the beginning, but we don't need to go into that...) i went through my cookbooks, narrowing the choices to the sprouted kitchen and joy the baker--coincidentally both from blog writers. the combination of veggie-filled recipes and lovely baked goodness was just right for the occasion.
i'm really happy i could put together another meal for my family, especially to celebrate the wonderful moms and mom-to-be in my life.
here's a look at the final menu:
* sticky lemon rolls (from shutterbean)
* mixed berries: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
* the sprouted kitchen's house salad: butter lettuce, jicama, and pomegranate seeds with creamy dressing
* joy the baker's (oven-baked)coffee bacon
* the sprouted kitchen's baby spinach frittata with sweet potato hash crust
* joy the baker's oatmeal cookie pancakes
* drinks: sparkling pink lemonade, orange juice, and milk oolong tea (with dessert)
* dessert from kavin: (because clearly there wasn't enough food~) dimare's strawberry-chantilly cake